On May 15, new graduates from the Parsons Paris Strategic Design and Management program participated in the “Pitch & Network” event, hosted at the Courbet Showroom at the beautiful Place Vendôme in the very heart of Paris. In front of an audience including industry leaders, recruiters and faculty, SDM students presented their project designs in […]
Parsons Paris is proud to present the 2019 Parsons Paris Festival, celebrating our graduating students from all programs as well as showcasing selected class projects. MAY 14 & 16 – Fashion Studies Graduate Thesis Public Defenses MAY 15 – Parsons Paris Advisory Board Meeting – Strategic Design and Management Pitch & Network Event MAY 16 […]
Applying the methods discussed in class in a real life context: In the Research and Development methods class, students are able to apply the lesson learned in class into a real life context, preparing them for their professional life after school. Strategic Design and Management students have been currently working in a semester long […]
So what is design thinking and why has it been such a popular topic of conversation in the last 5 years? I sat down with Strategic Design and Management professor, Maruits Montañez to talk about the new creative approach to business and much more. I learned so much about the importance of applying design strategies […]
Strategic Design and Management students in “Global Practices” class visited the showrooms of Designers Apartment at Palais de Tokyo, an accelerator project developed by the Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode to support new talents. Patricia Lerat, who is mentoring 10 emergent designers each season, welcomed our students and spoke to them […]
Fashion Design and Strategic Design & Management students visited the international fashion trade show Premiere Vision where fashion professionals show future trends in textiles and accessories. Students then attended a seminar by The Woolmark Company about career, innovation, and sustainability.
Parsons Paris Strategic Design and Management students met with Ole Schilling from Deutsche Telekom to learn about a global Smart Cities project. Smart Cities proposes creative and functional sustainable solutions for today’s cities and their citizens. From Singapore to Barcelona, from intelligent parking to social inclusion initiatives, students will research best practices and create their […]
Aurelia Vigouroux from The Woolmark Company France presented the Performance Challenge competition to Parsons Paris Strategic Design and Management students in their Innovations course. This international competition launched by Woolmark and Adidas challenges students to create an innovation proposal for sports and performance markets. Students discovered innovative materials and benefits of natural wool fiber during […]
Congratulations to our SDM students in Integrative Research and Development for their final project presentations today, focused on Sustainability in Fast Fashion and Counterfeit epidemics. Led by instructor Maurits Montañez, students experienced the unfolding of the design process through their semester-long projects that spanned planning, research, implementation and testing, with special attention given to the […]
Parsons Paris welcomed designer Christelle Kocher, founder and creative director of French label Koché, to give an inspiring talk on her successful story and her contemporary design at the intersection of streetwear with Haute Couture heritage and crafts. Organized by the Strategic Design & Management department, the discussion was moderated by student Michelle Rios and […]
- 2019 Fashion Show May 16, 2019
- Save the Date : “Material Contingencies” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- OECD Project – Prototypes February 25, 2019
- European Fashion Heritage Association Conference November 23, 2018
- Save the Date : “Anatomy of the Fashion Museum” Exhibition May 13, 2019
- Check out that Dolce and Gabanna hoarding! July 17, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Renee Tyson Hong July 8, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Nicolette Contoursi July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Victoria Nergaard July 2, 2019
- Student Internship Spotlight: Ruchanan Patarapanich July 1, 2019
- Where To Go & What To Eat… | Parsons Paris: […] EIFFEL TOWER Hopefully this was already ...
- “A Fashion of Theory” Installation | Parsons Paris: […] Fashion of Theory hints at this intrigui...
- “Material Contingencies” Graduation Exhibition Installation | Parsons Paris: […] History of Design and Curatorial Studies...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 16 – Fashion Show : 6:30pm at Pala...
- 2019 Parsons Paris Festival | Parsons Paris: […] 17 – Commencement Ceremony –...